Jesus said, “I came to give you life and life in all its fullness” (John 10:10) If we truly consider life, health, family, job – everything we have – as gifts from God (James 1:17) then, as freely we’ve received, freely we must give (Matt 10:8). We give our time, talents, prayers and money, not because we have to, but because it is our response to the one who has given us the gift of life and all the side orders as well (2 Corinthians 5:15). Giving is about giving what the Bible calls “first fruits” – in other words, before we give to anything or anyone else, we give to God. He gets our best.
Why give to St. Sepulchre’s?
We encourage all those that consider St Sepulchre’s to be their home church to commit to giving of their time, prayers and money. We consider giving as a way of life for everyone in our community. There are plenty of good reasons to give to other places, but here are three reasons to give to St Sepulchre’s:
- Our money both follows and reflects what we truly value. If you have invested your life, time and friendship here, then why not also invest financially?
- St. Sepulchre’s does raise money in other ways (such as through hiring our building), but our main source of income is through giving. If we want to see our vision in action in the City, we need money to do it.
- We are not financially supported by the Church of England or any other church. In fact, the reverse; we contribute to a bigger pot (The Common Fund) to allow churches to continue in areas of London where there is significant deprivation.
Where does the money go?
In addition to The Common Fund, we have to raise funds to run the ministries of the church. These include: Alpha; Services; Steps; God at Work; Discipleship Groups; as well as that which supports these ministries.
How do I do it?
In order to wisely steward the financial resources we have, we encourage people to give by standing order, which instructs your bank to make a regular gift to St. Sepulchre’s from your account.
You can give in the following ways:
- online by going to St Sepulchre’s give.net page
- in person on Sundays
- by mail – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the giving form
Additionally, if you are a UK taxpayer, please sign the Gift Aid declaration form that allows us to receive an additional 25% added to your gift through HMRC.